A person seeking to obtain a permission for the development of electricity generation capacities must submit an application in the prescribed form and to present the following documents:
1. A copy of the power plant pre-conditions for connection to the power grid issued by the network operator and a copy of a letter of intent to connect the power plant to the power grid or approval by the transmission or distribution system operator of the possibility of connecting electrical equipment to the transmission or distribution system in cases where a person participated in the auction for the allocation of promotional allowances and was not successful but was provided with electricity and bandwidth reserved for auction, or documents justifying the planned connection to an existing direct line, or submit an application for permission to construct a direct line hereto; the requirement to provide a copy of the letter of intent to connect the power plant to the grid signed with the grid operator is not applicable if the individual is seeking to become a generating user or is planning to produce electricity for his own use and for the needs of the household and intends to supply to the electricity grid the remaining electricity that is not consumed for own use and for farm use, where the installed power of the power plant is not more than 500 kW and not more than the permissible power of the person's object, as well as persons who intend to produce electricity only for their own needs and for household needs without supplying electricity to the electricity grid;
2. An application in the free form indicating:
2.1. the date and number of registration of the valid decision of the responsible authority regarding the possibilities of the proposed economic activity, when planned procedures for assessing the environmental impact of economic activities shall be performed in accordance with the procedure established by the Law on Environmental Impact Assessment of the Proposed Economic Activity of the Republic of Lithuania; where the proposed economic activity is not subject to the requirements regarding the environmental impact assessment of the proposed economic activity, the person shall indicate this in the application for the permit for the development of electricity production capacity;
2.2. the registration number and date of the decision of the public health centre of the county that the proposed economic activities comply with the requirements of public health safety legislation when an assessment of the impact of the proposed economic activity on public health is performed in accordance with the procedure established by the Government or its authorized institution; when the proposed economic activity is not subject to the requirements for the assessment of the proposed economic activity for public health, the person shall indicate this in the application for the permit to develop electricity production capacity;
3. Documents certifying the requirements for the land use and for the selection of the site for the construction of power generation equipment (power plant) and associated equipment:
3.1. a document (a spatial planning document, a topographic photograph or a map of the area), which graphically presents the solutions for the energy object (power plant) to be built or to develop the position of the power generating equipment, the position in relation to the nearest transmission and / or distribution networks, the planned connection of the energy object (power plant) to the electricity grid and the boundaries of the land plot agreed with the electricity network operator in the preliminary conditions of the power plant connection to the power grid;
3.2. a document which graphically indicates the location of the intended electricity production installation in the structure, on the structure or part of its structure (facade, roof);
4. Documents justifying technological, financial and managerial capacity to perform activities subject to permission:
4.1. a written confirmation that the technological and financial capacity available enables the installation of electricity equipment, their connection to the electricity grid or the direct line, as well as the planned commercial production of electricity; the requirement to provide confirmation of available technological capacity is not applied to the planning of the construction of electricity equipment using renewable energy sources, where the person submits to the Council for approval a copy of the protocol on the connection of the power plant to the grid signed with the grid operator;
4.2. When an applicant is a legal person, a written confirmation of the appointment of an employee or employees to carry out regulated activities and reporting, informing and consulting consumers, investigating complaints about the operating conditions, or copies of contracts with the entities providing these services;
5. A statement in the free format indicating the number and date of the Government Decree on the construction plan of an energy facility where municipal wastes of energy value that are intended to be used as fuel for the purpose of energy recovery and which are unsuitable for recycling are recognized by Government as being of public importance for waste management;
6. A document confirming the permission to submit the application if the application is submitted by an authorised natural or legal person;
7. A copy of the wire transfer or bank receipt stating that the state fee has been paid if the application is submitted not through the electronic services portal.
Permission for the development of generating capacity shall not be required where the person intends to construct or install generating capacity less than or equal to 30 kW for the production of electricity solely for his own use and for the needs of the household, without supplying electricity to electricity networks, and if the person complies with the provisions of Article 2 (9) of the Law on Electricity or seeks to become a generating consumer and intends to build or install a capacity for the production of electricity from renewable energy sources with an installed capacity not exceeding 30 kW. Such person shall inform the network operator in accordance with the procedure set forth in Paragraph 65 of the Rules and obtain from the network operator the conditions for connection of the power plant to the energy networks in accordance with the procedure established by the law.
Permission for the development of electricity production capacity shall be granted in a simplified procedure if the person intends to develop electricity production capacity with an installed capacity not exceeding 10 kW and supply the produced electricity to the electricity networks upon submission of a request in the form specified in the Annex to the Rules and a copy of the preconditions for connection of the power plant to the power networks issued by the network operator.
A person shall submit an application for a new permission with documents confirming the reorganisation of the legal person only when the legal person is reorganised.
If personal data indicated in the permission is changed, including the change of the name and (or) surname of the natural person, or either the name or code of the legal person, not later than within 10 working days of the occurrence of the changes, the holder of the permission informs the Council in writing about these changes by completing the application form indicated in Chapter 12 of this description and by providing documents confirming the changed data. Within 30 calendar days of the registration of the application of the holder of the permission and all suitably formalised documents at the Council, the changed respective permission is issued, which states that the permission is issued on the basis of the changed permission.
Due to changes in the permission to develop electricity generation capacity for the specified territory, where the authorized regulated activities are performed as a result of the naming of administrative units and residential areas in accordance with the provisions of the Republic of Lithuania Law on Administrative Units and Boundaries, the holder of the permission shall notify the Council in writing, not later than 10 working days after the change is made, by completing a request in the format set out in Paragraph 12 of this description and submitting documents confirming the change. Within 30 calendar days of the registration of the application of the holder of the permission and all suitably formalised documents at the Council, the changed permission is issued, which states that the permission is issued on the basis of the changed permission.
The permission to develop electricity generating capacity shall be adjusted to reduce the installed capacity of the power plant as specified in the permission. The request for revision of the existing permit for the development of electricity production capacity shall be accompanied by explanations and / or supporting documents justifying the change in the installed capacity.